Providence is calling an Infusion Registered Nurse ( Per Diem / Day Shift ) to our Ambulatory Cancer Center at Providence Saint John's Health Center Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- Assess to diagnose and treat human response to actual or potential health problems through such activities as health teaching, health counseling and provision of care supportive to or restorative of life and well-being
- Be guided by the knowledge of base principles of nursing on the spiritual needs, and on physical/psychosocial sciences
- Ensures that the quality of patient care meets all accrediting, bioethical, and professional standards
- Perform physical assessment
- Perform ongoing assessment of patients and patient care area
- Care for Oncology/Medical-Surgical patients requiring nursing observation/management for the conditions/therapies in the Outpatient setting, including, but not limited to: chemotherapy, Biologics, oncologic emergencies, acute and chronic pain and symptom management
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California Registered Nurse ( RN ) license
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association
- Current Oncology Certified Nurse ( OCN ) or obtained within 6 months of hire required
- Current Chemotherapy / Biotherapy certification or obtained within 14 days hire.
- Prior experience at staff position
- Recent chemo / biotherapy experience
- Ability to deal effectively with many people across a broad range of cultural backgrounds and ages
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing ( BSN )
- Oncology Certified Nurse ( OCN )
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Oncology Nursing
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 142763