Ambulatory Admin Coordinator Patient Access Days FT
DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Location: Troy, Michigan
Admin / Clerical
Internal Number: 2205000164
Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan, Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
Under general supervision, coordinates and oversees the work of non-clinical staff. Maintains and updates information systems for all Ambulatory Care clinics. Ensures all business and information systems and there use, conforms to departmental and hospital policies, procedures and standards. Responds to operational problems and acts as resource to staff and physicians.
1. Coordinates the daily operations of assigned clinic. Monitors and reviews the work of non-clinical personnel within assigned clinic. Act as resource person to all non-clinical personnel within the department.
2. Participates in the selection of respective non-clinical employees and otherwise orients, trains, coordinate, evaluates and recommends discipline and/or discharge.
3. Ensures all patient scheduling and registration, surgical boarding, medical records, third party providers and other information systems operate efficiently and accurately. Provides training to all non-clinical staff personnel within department as necessary.
4. Recommends, administers and ensures adherence to policies and procedures.
5. Prepares and distributes statistical and productivity reports for clinics as required.
6. Performs various administrative duties such as facilitating the credentialing of physicians for managed care, ensuring appropriate handling and documentation of center collects and the transmittal of funds and data to appropriate parties.
7. Develops, administers and monitors administrative budget for assigned clinic.
8. Maintains supply and equipment inventory.
9. Ensures clinics have adequate non-clinical staffing levels at all times.
10. Represents clinics on various hospital and system-wide committees, ensuring that needs and requests are recognized.
1. Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Three to four years progressively more responsible clerical experience including office coordination and information systems experience.
3. One year of supervisory experience desirable.
Primary Location: Troy, Michigan
Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.