Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0018847
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
University of Minnesota Health Clinics and Surgery Center
Accessible. Sophisticated. Efficient. That's how we describe the new, 318,000-square-foot University of Minnesota Health Clinics and Surgery Center! The center opened for patients February 2016.
We serve as a catalyst for the expansion of our outstanding patient care and innovative research. Patient needs and the principles of access, innovation and efficient care have been incorporated at every level into the building's development!
The Ambulatory Care Registered Nurse is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability through the nursing process, for the pre-operative care of the Ambulatory Surgery and Procedure Center patient and significant others in collaboration with other health care providers.
Nurses with experience in Pre/Post and Procedure are encouraged to apply!
Option to select an FTE of a .8 - 1.0 if desired.**
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and initiate plan of patient care using an outcome based approach ensuring application of age related growth.
- Coordinate, lead all aspects of, deliver, and delegate nursing care based on patient assessment/standards of care.
- Direct, evaluate, and supervise the work of assistive personnel in providing delegated nursing services and development principles.
- Document, reassess and alter plan of care based on patient's response to nursing interventions on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate with team, patient and family members to resolve vital resources and provide continuity of care.
- Communicate pertinent patient data to other members of the health care team in a timely fashion.
- Current Minnesota RN Licensure, ACLS and PALS certification
- Minimum of three years of PACU, ICU, or ER experience required
- IV Conscious Sedation Proficiency, EPIC
- Successful experience establishing an environment of meaningful patient-centered care for surgical patients.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- BSN, ASPAN certification
- Outpatient surgery experience with pre-op phase I and II
- EPIC super user
Location: 909 Fulton St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
Hours: .8 - 1.0 FTE
Sign on Bonus applicable for qualified applicants only
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.