Location: New York, New York
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
MSK's pediatric cancer program is the largest of its kind in the United States, giving us unparalleled expertise in all childhood cancers. The treatments we have pioneered at Memorial Sloan Kettering are now the standard of care at other institutions. Our surgery capabilities range from vision-saving techniques for retinoblastoma to minimally-invasive endoscopic neurosurgery.
The Pediatric Surgery team consists of surgeons, Advanced Practice Providers, and nurses, whose workflow is broken down into procedure/clinical days & Operating Room days. The Pediatric Office Practice Nurse's responsibilities range from symptom assessments, providing patient education, and preparing tumor board summaries.
Are you ready to join our dynamic Nursing team?
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and passion.
- A good decision-maker, with shown success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Work within a Nurse-Physician based Ambulatory Care Practice Model.
- Provide clinical support and assist with the management of a caseload of Pediatric Surgical Oncology patients.
- Perform patient assessment, offer patient and family education, and symptom management.
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care throughout various stages of treatment and follow-up.
- Manage scheduling the OR.
- New York State RN license
- BSN, BLS, PALS
- 2+ years of related clinical experience required
- 2+ Pediatric oncology experience and Ambulatory care experience highly preferred
Hours: Days- Mon-Fri, Flex 7AM to 6PM, No Weekends.
Please note: This opportunity is not open to new graduate RNs.
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability
Apply today to learn more!
Learn more about the Department of Pediatrics, featured on the social media sensation Humans of New York:
Pay Range $85,100.00-$136,200.00
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.