$10,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Everett Clinic, part of Optum is now offering qualified candidates the opportunity to join the ASC team as an Operating Room Nurse at the Pumphrey Surgery Center in Arlington.
The newly constructed Pumphrey Surgery Center is one of The Everett Clinic’s three multi-specialty surgery centers and is scheduled to open in early 2023. Our physicians and ASC team value teamwork and are committed to providing excellent patient care. Our organization values innovative problem solvers, promotes personal professional growth, and provides a supportive work environment that affords employees a healthy work/life balance.
Schedule: 10-hour shifts. Full-time and part-time positions available.
The Operating Room Registered Nurse is responsible for the safe, effective, and efficient care of the patient in the operating room. He or she possesses the knowledge, skills, and training to carry out circulating duties during surgery. The OR circulator manages the flow in the operating room and assists the surgical team to create and maintain a safe environment. The OR circulator advocates for the patient during surgery and uses assessment, diagnosing, critical thinking, and planning skills to ensure the highest standard of care.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state of Washington
- Current BLS
- ACLS certification within 3 months of hire
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- CNOR certification
- 1+ years of intraoperative nursing experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of general nursing theory, practice, treatments, and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to implement principles of aseptic technique
- Understanding of proper positioning principles and techniques
- Knowledge of actions of pharmaceuticals and anesthetic agents
- Knowledge of surgical procedures, techniques, and complications of surgery and anesthesia, and the appropriate nursing interventions
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation and equipment including use, handling, and care
- Ability to recognize and assist in emergency situations
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Ability to work with initiative, energy, and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills. Ability to effectively communicate with physicians, co-workers, and patients and their families
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a realated entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal candidates") are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.