Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post’s 2022 Top Workplaces!
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits! * Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 11 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision, LTD/STD/Life and Health Savings Account available, and more! * Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Monday - Friday, 8 hours shifts between the hours of 6:30am to 3:30pm or 7:30am to 4:30pm
On-Call rotation, including weekend call required, with minimal call-back
No Weekends, Nights, or Holidays, unless on-call
Job Specific Position Duties:
This position will support the Operating Room. Core duties include, but are not limited to the following:
* Performs cardiopulmonary functions such as electrocardiograms, exercise stress testing, and ambulatory electrocardiographic monitoring.
* Assesses heart structures and flows via 2-D and m-mode echocardiography, Doppler, and contrast colors.
* Assists physician with transesophageal and stress echocardiography, and radionuclide and thallium studies. Interprets arrhythmias.
* May serve on cardiac catheterization (invasive) procedures teams.
* May assist in placing specialized equipment and instruments into cardiovascular system for diagnosis and therapy, including cardiac pacemaker and balloon pump insertion.
* Operates and maintains specialized equipment to evaluate respiratory or pulmonary functions, and respiratory physiology.
* Maintains quality control of arterial blood gas machines and CO oximeters, including proficiency testing. Performs broncho-provocation and exercise testing. Assists physician with fiberoptic bronchoscopy for diagnosis and therapy.
* Under orders of a physician, administers respiratory care such as oxygen and aerosol therapy, mechanical ventilator management, and preparation and administration of respiratorymedications.
* Assists physician with intubation and extubating procedures. Performs endotracheal tube care. Maintains patient airway. Ensures bronchial hygiene through incentive spirometry and specialized breathing instructions.
* Prepares and instructs patient to use equipment or perform procedure. Checks patient andequipment, and changes equipment. Monitors data display on physiological equipment, and obtains and records vital signs.
* Performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Assesses and documents patient status. Performs user maintenance on equipment.
* Adheres to infection control and universal precautions procedures, including disposition of contaminated materials. Practices safety and security measures.
* Performs cardiopulmonary laboratory administrative, maintenance, and support functions. Ensures equipment is calibrated to manufacturer's specifications. Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes (or prepares for sterilization) cardiopulmonary equipment. Operationally checks and inspects equipment.
*Schedules patients for evaluations, procedures, and treatments.
*Obtains medical records. Perform the following blocks: Digital, Local Infiltration, and Intercostal. Assists with transportation of patients to and from hospitals, and those in the air evacuation system requiring mechanical ventilation. Maintains general correspondence, files, records, and reports. Provides biometric data. * Ability to prepare records and reports as required in support of services rendered in accordance with established procedures and utilizing the current medical information systems and electronic health record and the knowledge of outpatient coding and medical informatics. Collect and record, in proper format, medical and social historical data appropriate to the patient’s condition.
* Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used outpatient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required.
* Maintain liaison with physicians, research personnel and staff to reserves problems and to advise concerning echocardiography procedures, techniques, and equipment.
* Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and react/respond quickly by communicating with other members of the health care team verbally or overhead paging or via telephone in emergency situations.
* Degree/Education: An accredited cardiopulmonary laboratory specialist course and the technician MUST have a Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) credential or the equivalent. Incumbent will have 6 month to get RCS. * Experience: Experience performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to care for and treat cardiopulmonary laboratory patients and Experience performing diagnostic transthoracic echocardiograms, trans-esophageal echocardiograms, stress echocardiograms, contrast studies, bubble studies, electrocardiograms, graded exercise tests and holter monitor procedures. At least 12 months of experience within the last 18 months.
* Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Echocardiogram Technician from any state.
* Life Support Certification: BLS/ACLS/PALS from American Red Cross or American Health Association. * Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.